Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Monitoring My Game Plan Progress

 
As you know, my main goal in my GAME plan at the moment is to find more information about the most reliable software to do videos for my students. I have been looking for information about the several choices I was given in my last post. I have picked two particularly, Windows Movie Maker and AVS Video Editor. I decided to pick only two because that will give me time to evaluate both and I would not be overwhelmed with the information.




To find more information about my video research, I submitted a discussion post in www.classroom20.com, and I read some of the information available in this site about videos. I am still waiting for responses about that matter, and this week I will use another PLN to find answers and suggestions. I even watched some samples of students' work. Watching those samples gave me more ideas about the things my students could do with videos in the classroom.

I worked with Windows Movie Maker using a video I had already saved from my Mom's digital camera. I found the features really easy to work with, especially when adding titles into the video. The only feature I could not find was to cut scenes in the video already taken. If someone knows how to do this, let me know. I really like this particular software because is use- friendly and very easy for the students to use. Besides, it provides so many options in effects, font, colors, and titles positions throughout the movie that I am sure it will help students to develop and express their creativity when doing their own videos.

Working with AVS Videos was a little of a burden. I am still working on it. It is kind of hard to find all the features and what they can do, and, at times, there is not even a certainty that it is doing the given command. For example, I wanted to trim a little section of the video, and, even that it showed it did it, when I played the video, it presented the part I wanted to eliminate. I am still working on it because I got somehow frustrated with it. It could be a good resource, but I would have to learn more about this software. The advantage Windows Movie Maker has over AVS Videos is that the first one is free.

My next step will be to find more information through Diigo and Delicious. I have not done this step because of lack of time. Besides, I need to learn to use these resources as something else as bookmarking sites. I have no idea of how to use them to find resources.

So far, with what I have done and I am planning to do, I do not believe I will need to change or modify my action plan. Now I am more curious about what can students do using videos because the concept I have about them is still very limited. I would need to find sample videos done by students to expand my concept about it.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Naida,

    I really like your monitor program and that you have tried out the AVS video Editor. the thing about it is that after you must have done the editing, you will need to produce the clip in another name and you have a completely edited video. You may want to try it. Just as you said it only needs some exploring and you will surely get it. I like using Windows Movie Maker as well.

    Thank you for your post.

    Damilola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far my favorite of both is Windows Movie Maker, especially for younger children. Its features are pretty easy to use. About AVS editor, I would use it for students who need more challenge. Even though, I will explore in it for a little while to get the hang of it.

      I have to admit that I have found so much information lately that I am starting to feel overwhelmed.

      Delete
  2. Hello Naida,
    Great to see the progress that you are making towards achieving your goals in your GAME plan! How did you find the link I sent you in my previous post? AVS editor is an excellent link. I hope you will find it useful after you have learned how to use it.
    The bookmarking sites are not difficult to use. You need to register and start adding your favourites or important links. It will provide tags for you to find the links easier. You may also search the site for other software by typing in the search engine on the page. One way to search for items is to think about what you want the software to be able to do: such as video editing. I searched Delicious and found this site. http://makeinternettv.org/ I hope you will find the time to try it out. It may be just what you are looking for. All the best as you continue to work towards your goals. You will do well.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete